New Organisation to promote cybersecurity R&I and market Growth in Europe
ECSO is an pan-european industry-led organisation with members including a wide variety of stakeholders such as large European companies, SMEs and Start-ups, users and operators, research centres, universities, clusters and association as well as European Member State’s local, regional and national administrations, countries part of the European Economic Area (EEA) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) and H2020 associated countries.
As founder member, EOS – ACN – GUARDTIME – TELETRUST and SECUNET are cosignatory and also represented in the Board of Directors. Gradiant, Spain’s ICT R&D Centre of reference on cybersecurity, is also one of the founding members of ECSO, Gradiant will contribute to ECSO’s objectives with its extensive knowledge and experience in R&D in the field of security and cybersecurity.
- Foster and protect from cyber threats the growth of the European Digital Single Market
- Develop the cybersecurity market in Europe and the growth of a competitive cybersecurity and ICT industry, with an increased market position;
- Develop and implement cybersecurity solutions for the critical steps of trusted supply chains, in sectoral applications where Europe is a leader.
ECSO is engaged in taking concrete actions to achieve these objectives by:
- Collaborate with the European Commission and national public administrations to promote Research and Innovation (R&I) in cybersecurity;
- Propose a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (SRIA) and a Multiannual Roadmap with its regular updates;
- Foster market development and investments in demonstration projects and pilots to facilitate bringing innovation to cybersecurity market;
- Foster competitiveness and growth of the cybersecurity industry in Europe (large companies and SME) as well as end users / operators through innovative cybersecurity technologies, applications, services, solutions;
- Support the widest and best market uptake of innovative cybersecurity technologies and services for professional and private use;
- Promote and assist in the definition and implementation of a cybersecurity industrial policy to encourage the use of cybersecurity solutions as well as secure and trustworthy European ICT solutions to increase digital autonomy;
- Support the development and the interests of the entire cybersecurity and ICT security ecosystem (including education, training awareness, etc.);
In January 20, 2016 a preparation workshop for the “Contractual Public-Private Partnership” between the European Commission, Member States and the Cyber Security Industry in Europe took place in Brussels. The workshop aimed to brainstorm on the concept of a Public-Private Partnership. As the result of the workshop 5 working groups of industry representatives were formed led by EOS, CNR, ACN, Guardtime representing the Estonian ICT Association and TELETRUST to create ECSO.
The act for the creation of the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO) ASBL has been officially signed on 13th June in Brussels. ECSO is a fully self-financed non-for-profit association (ASBL) under the Belgian law.