- Name WITDOM (empoWering prIvacy and securiTy in non-trusteD envirOnMents)
- Committee Atos, Universidad de Vigo, Gradiant, KU Leuven, IBM, XLAB, BBVA, FCSR
- Funding H2020-ICT-2014-1, ICT-32-2014
- File Number 64437
- Opening / Ending January 2015 / December 2017
WITDOM is a project to produce a framework for end-to-end (E2E) protection of data in untrusted and fast evolving ICT-based environments, following the privacy-by-design
WITDOM puts particular focus in data-outsourcing scenarios, where new threats, vulnerabilities and risks due to new uses require end-to-end security solutions that will withstand progress for the lifetime of applications they support.
This framework will be instantiated and validated in two realistic application scenarios:
- A eHealth scenario, based on genetic data sharing for large research data analyses and individual outsourced clinical analyses;
- A financial services scenario, based on the management of both customers’ data and finance data of contracts as well as providing outsourced secure financial services over private and public cloud instances.
Gradiant’s role in the project is twofold: on the one hand, researching and developing an anonymization component that protects the privacy of the data while maintaining its utility; on the other hand, implementing a cloud broker that serves as a proxy for microservices deployed within an hibrid cloud, following the established security policies.
This project has received funding from the EU Research and Innovation Program Horizon 2020, under agreement No. 64437