- Name MIND-GAP-5 Project (Multimedia for Galician Industry for the next 5 years)
- Duration June of 2008 to June of 2010
- Coordination Gradiant
- Funding Entities Consellería de Industria, Xunta de Galicia
The objective of MIND-GAP 5 is to develop the copyright in the multimedia distribution technologies, to be transferred through the value chain of Galician companies. In Galicia there are content producers, software developer, integrator companies…
Specifically, this Project is looking for contributions in technologies to allow adapt the contents to access and distribution networks, to empower an ideal distribution through networks mentioned.
This project includes, among others, the following:
- Techniques of scalable coding/transcoding for on demand distribution multimedia network.
- Development of multimedia contents gateways hardware for WAN/Broadcast networks and domestic/collective networks
- Development of middleware for user advanced terminal
- Development of network technology: quality of service, management, monitorization
- Development of service technology: service architecture, supply…
This Project complements other Gradiant initiatives in the same field, from a scientific and copyright generation view that will benefit in the profits of Galician companies in medium term.