- Name CPPLEAN: Optimization of manufacturing resources with a Discrete Event Simulator based CPPS
- Open call H2020 - BEinCPPS
- Gradiant Role Committee Leader
- File Number GA680633
- Opening / Ending November 2016 / November 2017
- Grant 79.981€
According to recent studies, the full adoption by EU SMEs of Cyber-Physical Production Systems (CPPSs) and their related service platforms and innovation business models will allow Europe to achieve the ambitious target by 2020 to have 10% of the GDP coming from Manufacturing & Services.
BEinCPPS Innovation Action aims to dramatically improve the adoption of CPPSs all over Europe by:
1) integrating a CPS-oriented Future Internet-based Machine-Factory-Cloud service platform;
2) experimenting it in five selected S3 Vanguard regions, and afterwards extensively in different European regions;
3) creating a network of Regional Manufacturing Digital Innovation Hubs, nurtured by CPS-oriented regional innovation ecosystems made of competence centers, manufacturing enterprises, IT SMEs and institutional stakeholders.
In the context of BEinCPPS, Gradiant has won the first call for IT Applications Experiments. Gradiant is developing a discrete event simulator based tool as a Finite Capacity Scheduler to optimize all manufacturing orders and processes of a factory. Our simulator will act as a Cyber Physical Production System, monitoring the physical resources of a shop-floor to control the complete production chain and its performance. The proposed software will be designed with the ability to process a huge amount of data relating to both the state of the factory and its production processes, to learn and evolve with the experience and time, resulting in a Big Data based scheduler application to minimize the impact of incidents on productivity and optimize fabrication costs.
BEinCPPS is a project funded by the European Union Framework Programme for Research and Innovation Horizon 2020 under Grant agreement n° 680633