Gradiant announced today that it has joined the Biometrics Institute. With the addition of Gradiant, Biometrics Institute has now more than 175 organizations representing over 600 individuals including (among others): Barclays Bank, British Airways, Santander, Fujitsu, Mastercard, Wells Fargo Bank, FBI, etc.
“We are delighted by the support we have received from Biometrics Insititute. This will streghten Gradiant’s position on the world of biometrics”, said David Vazquez Cortizo, Gradiant’s Executive Director
What is the Biometrics Institute?
The mission of the Biometrics Institute is to promote the responsible use of biometrics as an independent and impartial international forum for biometric users and other interested parties.
It was founded in July 2001 responding to an industry need for an impartial forum for sharing knowledge and information about biometrics. It has offices in London and Sydney and has created a global biometrics network.
The organisation is unique in that it has been set up as a user group with a majority of user members such as government departments and organisations using or planning to use biometrics running the association. The primary members are government and users of biometric services and products, with other membership categories for vendors.
– To do network activities and share experiences with government, vendors and users of biometric technologies in an unbiased forum of over 170 membership organisations;
– To raise our profile in the industry as well as promote the industry overall;
– To use a single point of contact for biometrics and connect with experts in the biometrics industry;
– To participate futher in the development of standards, research, benchmarks and test regimes;
– To provide input into government policy and programs impacting on the industry;
– To address user concerns, such as privacy of information;
– To access support to promote our R&D activities
For further info: firstname.lastname@example.org